Thursday, January 30, 2014

First blog post ever!

Hey everyone! My name is Alex :) I am 18 years old and it's a little bit surreal to me that after all the years I spent as a kid pretending to be a teacher that I am taking classes and getting ready to work with children in real life situations. I am a freshman at RIC and my major is Elementary Education. I spent my summer working at a preschool with toddlers, which I loved, but I got a new job at Hallmark in Garden City a few months ago! Every day I go in there people who shop there tell me the craziest stories about their lives literally I am convinced that the Hallmark stores are seen as a therapy session to anyone over 50.
ANYWAYS, I am taking this class because of my major and because I really think it is a great experience that we will be able to work at a Providence school and get a completely different experience as upcoming teachers. It is a completely different atmosphere, and for some of us, it is completely out of our comfort zones and I find that really exciting. Dr. Bogad is a great teacher and she makes me really excited for my future and gives me confidence that I will be prepared when college is over and I get a head start on my career.
When I'm not in school I am definitely working, napping, eating, (um...) hanging out with friends, and spending time with my family! I am so excited for this semester and I really like everyone in our FNED class. I feel like we all really connect with one another!

Well...that's just a little bit about me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment